ASDMA Recruitment 2022 in detail
- Last date: 18.07.2022
- Total Post: 01
Post Name: Technical Assistant (G.I.S.)
- Vacancies: 01
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography/Geoinformatics or other relevant fields from a recognised University or Institute
- 1 (one) year practical experience in using Geographic Information System (GIS) and image processing software such as ArcGIS and ERDAS
Should not be below 21 years and above 43 years as on 1st January 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conversion of hard copy information into GIS format
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software (ArcGIS, ERDAS) and related equipment
- Provide support to GIS Expert in performance of his duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate with different departments for finding out existing maps / data Gather
- analyse and integrate spatial data with non-spatial data and determine
- how best the information can be displayed using GIS
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs and existing maps
- Any other duties and responsibilities that maybe assigned from time to time
- Pay scale: ₹ 22,000 – ₹ 87,000, Grade pay: ₹ 9,100
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to submit the application well before the closing date so that it reaches The Chief Executive Officer, Assam State Disaster Management Authority, Assam Secretariat, Opposite Secretariat Branch of SBI, Dispur, Guwahati-06, on or before the closing date. Applications not received or delivered at ASDMA Office within the fixed date and time for the purpose or not submitted in the manner prescribed will not be considered. No application received after the closing date will be accepted under any circumstance.
Notification: Click Here
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority was notified in the year 2007 with the adoption of the Disaster Management Act in the year 2006. Honourable Chief Minister, Assam is its Chairperson and Hon’ble Minister Revenue and Disaster Management is its Vice Chairperson. To execute the mandate of the Authority the State Executive Committee with the Chief Secretary, Assam as its Chairperson has also been notified as per provision of the Disaster Management Act. The ASDMA Secretariat with officers, consultants and employees, for carrying out the functions of the State Authority, became fully functional in the year 2010. ASDMA has also notified the District Disaster Management Authority in all the 27 districts of Assam and placed officers for carrying out disaster management activities at the district
F&Q About Assam State Disaster Management Authority
1.What’s the full form of Asdma?
Answer:Assam State Disaster Management Authority
2.What is the purpose of Assam State Disaster Management Authority?
Answer:To take up relief, restoration and reconstruction activities and measures for socio-economic revival for mitigating the damages caused or likely to be caused due to any disaster. To take up programmes and schemes that will prevent occurrence of any disaster or minimize the damaging effect due to any disaster.
3.What is district disaster management authority?
Answer:According to Section 30 (1) of Disaster Management Act, the District Authority shall act as the. district planning; coordinating and implementing body for disaster management and take all. measures for the purposes of disaster management in the district in accordance with the.
4.What is disaster management?
Answer: Disaster management is how we deal with the human, material, economic or environmental impacts of said disaster, it is the process of how we “prepare for, respond to and learn from the effects of major failures”. Though often caused by nature, disasters can have human origins.
5.What are the 3 types of disasters?
Answer: Findings – Disasters are classified into three types: naturals, man-mades, and hybrid disasters. It is believed that the three disaster types cover all disastrous events. No definition of disaster is universally accepted.
6.ASDMA full form in Assamese?
Answer: অসম ৰাজ্যিক দুৰ্যোগ ব্যৱস্থাপনা প্ৰাধিকৰণ
7.Assam Disaster Management Act?
8.ASDMA Official Website ?
9.Assam Disaster Management Plan?
Answer:The aim of the Assam State Disaster Management Plan is to ensure that all components of Disaster Managament are addressed to facilitate planning, preparedness, operational, coordination and community participation
Answer: Address: GS Road, Assam Secretariate, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam 781005
11.ASDMA Contact Number?
Answer: Phone: 0361 223 7221