Assam is one of the States where flood creates havoc every year. The Government of Assam (GoA) recognizes that its capacity in water resources planning and management and disaster risk management needs to be strengthened to address the key water related risks through structural and non-structural measures. As part of this initiative, the Government of Assam (GoA), with financing and technical support from the World Bank, is implementing “Assam Integrated River Basin Management Project (AIRBMP)”. The
project aims to establish the core platform for engaging in a systematic manner on overall flood and erosion management in Assam The program focuses on building the requisite institutional capacity, filling critical knowledge gaps, and implementing integrated solutions to tackle the current challenges for climate resilient growth and improved livelihoods. The AIRBMP has identified to build the capacities of relevant stakeholders for integrated water resources management and disaster risk reduction including the Assam Water Resources Department (WRD), Assam Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), and Flood and River Erosion Management Agency of Assam (FREMAA), each of which has a role in water resources management and disaster-risk mitigation.
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) is a statutory institution constituted as per the adoption of the Disaster Management Act 2005. The ASDMA is responsible for coordination and implementation of disaster preparedness, response and recovery in the State. ASDMA monitors various weather related natural hazards and advisories from multiple sources which are communicated to field level functionaries and stakeholders. Strengthening the capacity of Assam State Disaster Management Authority has been recognised as a critical aspect in AIRBMP which includes institutional strengthening and modernising the disaster risk management system in Assam. In order to support ASDMA, an experienced Flood Shelter Technical Lead is required as Individual consultant as part of a team specific to the AIRBMP at ASDMA to analyse and verify the structural design in the DPR, overseeing the preparation of DPRs etc. for construction of Flood Shelters, both (new and retrofit/strengthen and augmentation of existing temporary shelters mainly schools augmentation of existing one (mainly schools) under Assam Integrated River Basin Management Program (AIRBMP), Phase I.
Scope of Engagement
The individual consultant will be engaged for analysing of structural design, monitor the implementation process for proposed construction of Flood Shelters (new, existing – retrofit/strengthen and refurbishment) under DPRs of AIRBMP. The consultant should convert these concepts to Action Plans and also have the capability to prepare Detailed Project Reports and support ASDMA in obtaining project clearances from World Bank/State Government. The individual consultant shall support ASDMA and liaise with PWD(B) throughout the procurement cycle and tender process, responding to technical pre-bid queries and technical evaluation of bids as per World Bank procurement guidelines.
Terms of Reference
- Support the CEO, ASDMA in overall monitoring and coordination for construction of Flood Shelters (new, existing – retrofit/strengthen and refurbishment) under Phase I of AIRBMP.
- Conduct a review of designs of proposed construction of Flood Shelters (new, existing – retrofit/strengthen and refurbishment) under DPRs of AIRBMP in coordination with ASDMA and PWD (B).
- Develop a checklist for assessing the enabling environment including institutional, legal, economic, technological and environmentally sustainable criteria for successful construction of Flood Shelters (new, existing – retrofit/strengthen and refurbishment) in coordination with PWD (B).
- In consultation with the other lead specialists hired under AIRBMP, the Consultant will provide overall support in planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for flood shelter components of AIRBMP.
- Coordinate with other government departments, administration, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of the project.
- Monitor fiduciary, environment and social safeguards procedure and processes detailed in the Environment and Social Framework for AIRBMP agreed between Government of Assam and the World Bank.
- Guide PWD to ensure compliance with World Bank’s Procurement Guidelines for goods, services and works, as agreed between Government of Assam and World
Bank for approved activities under the flood shelter components in the AIRBMP.
- Supervision through regular site visits, to monitor physical and financial progress and also submit reports regarding corrective actions if required, on a case-to-case basis,and include the same in the progress report
- Prepare annual procurement plan and tender document in consultation with PWD(B)and revisions thereof, if any, of the works assigned for execution by PWD
- Support the technical aspects of procurement including drafting of procurement documents (ToR, RFPs and bids), responding to technical pre-bid queries and technical evaluation of bids supporting PWD(B) as per World Bank procurement guidelines.
ASDMA Assam Recruitment 2022
- Vacancies: 01
- Last date: 14.08.2022
Post Name: Flood Shelter Technical Lead
- Vacancies: 01
- M.E. / M. Tech in Civil Engineering
- Candidates having advanced academic/professional qualification in Structural Engineering will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 (Five) years of general experience in Civil Construction of public infrastructure, overseeing the preparation of DPRs, Structural Design, Knowledge of prevailing Structural design software, field supervision etc.
- Experience in carrying out public works in rural Assam will be desirable.
- Knowledge of Assamese/Bengali/Bodo language is desirable.
- Experience in World Bank/ADB projects or Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) or any leading private construction company at national level
- Rs. 80,000/-to Rs. 90,000/- per month (inclusive of local taxes) and will be fixed during negotiations. No separate TA/DA and Allowances are admissible
How to apply
Candidates are requested to apply in application format provided along with this ToR, on or before 14th August, 2022. Scanned copy of application form along with other relevant documents should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org No hard copies will be accepted.
i. The candidates should maintain and operate an email during the duration of the recruitment. All correspondences will be through email only.
ii. Due to the expected high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will becalled for round of interview.
iii. This is an indicated ToR only. The CEO, ASDMA reserves the right to change, update or modify this ToR at any stage during the recruitment process or at the time of signing of the Contract Agreement
Notification: Click Here
Q.What is full form Asdma?
Assam State Disaster Management Authority.
Q.What is the purpose of Assam State Disaster Management Authority?
To take up relief, restoration and reconstruction activities and measures for socio-economic revival for mitigating the damages caused or likely to be caused due to any disaster. To take up programmes and schemes that will prevent occurrence of any disaster or minimize the damaging effect due to any disaster
Q.ASDMA Assam Website?